Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I remember a summer's day...

I'm getting married. Not sure when. Not sure where. Not sure to who. Just kidding.

Josiah and I "met" in January of 2002. I was 14 and he was an older man of 16. He had black, plastic-rimmed glasses and wore black band T-shirts, just like me. I knew we were perfect for each other. I would see him in the halls of Millennium High School with his emo friends. Truth be told, I was his emo princess. He says my "Cheer Up Emo Kid" backpack patch "spoke to him."

Years passed and I had yet to say a word to him (barring when I interviewed him for the school paper). I continued being really girly, walking certain ways to class because I knew his friends hung out by the vending machines (so cool). I drew a heart around his junior year picture in the yearbook. I awkwardly sneaked around Blockbuster when I saw him walk in, only to run to the corner and call my best friend Megan. Looking back, I'm somewhat embarrassed, but not really. I'd probably act the same now!

In October of 2004, I received an unexpected instant message from my recently ex-boyfriend/good friend Zack. Our AIM exchange went like this:

"So I went to a Mt. Eerie concert and saw Josiah."
"..." (me being nervous over the Internet)
"Yeah, I told him you were in love with him."
"bad words!!!"
"He said he was interested in you."
"I hate you."

Considering Zack hadn't spoken with me for a couple months after I broke his heart (kidding about breaking the heart, not about the silent treatment), I thought he was just being a jerk. Turns out, for the first time ever, he wasn't!

After some gutsy contact via Livejournal, Josiah and I started e-mailing ... then phone conversing ... then meeting at Barnes and Noble on the fateful Wednesday evening of Nov. 3, 2004.

And now we're getting married.

It's about damn time. (Thanks Zack.)

No comments:

Post a Comment